I migrated my FreeMind files to MindMup.
I have used FreeMind open software to organize my ideas and maintain my to-do list. I have used Dropbox as storage of FreeMind file to use those files on multiple devices. However I have been uncomfortable with FreeMind in some ways.
- It’s too complex. It hampers concentration of my attentions.
- Its old-fashioned user interface (small menus/toolbars/icons) is hard to operate on touch devices.
- I must always pay attention to synchronization and the latest version of the file.
- It needs installation of client programs on all devices, but there is no good FreeMind client software on iPhone.
MindMup is browser-based software and uses the cloud storage. After I use MindMup, I found:
- I can use MindMup on any devices immediately.
- I can see latest version on any devices immediately after I change MindMup on one device.
- I can change MindMup on iPhone.
- Icons are large and easy to operate on.
- Its user interface is simple. It helps me concentrate on my topics.
Those advantages of modern cloud software are so evident that I didn’t think worth mentioning. But I found again those advantages these days. My experience of the everyday application is now so simple.